Sunday 22 June 2014

Welcome Summer and my container gardening

It is now officially summer!!!  This is my first year having a balcony so I have planted some containers and I will post pictures as I now have a camera my first digital camera.

I have 5 planters on my balcony.  2 are pepper planters.  One of the planters has red peppers and purple peppers. The other pepper planter is mini peppers called cute peppers.  One pepper has started to grow.

Two other planters have onions.  I four different varieties, bunching onions, red onions, spanish onions and vidallia onions.  And the last planter is basil.  I did want some lettuce but couldn't find any.


It should be interesting to see how this turns out.  Can't wait to start cooking with them, I have a funny feeling there will be lots of pepper recipes.  :)


First Tiny Mini Pepper







The combo planter of red peppers and purple peppers.

These are my onions not much to see so far.















Look for future posts of recipes, kitchen items etc.  Have fun this summer and have fun creating recipes. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great photos Dawn. I didn't realize the size of the planters. I thought they were much bigger. You can still plant lettuce seeds and they have time to grow.

    ReplyDelete