Sunday 13 July 2014

Testing Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe from 150 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes











Today I tried a recipe from a new cookbook I have.  Its called 150 Gluten-Free Muffin Recipes by Camilla V. Saulsbury.



There are many great recipes that I cannot wait to try.  Lots of savoury ones which I will try once the peppers, onions and basil are harvested from my garden.

Today I tried the chocolate chip recipe.  Chocolate chip muffins are among my favourite muffins it is very difficult to find a good chocolate chip muffin.  It is even harder now to find a gluten free chocolate chip muffin.  I made a couple of substitutions in the recipe from the book I used half the amount of chocolate chips but used mini chocolate chips and i also added more cinnamon.  The results were the best that I have tried.  Will definitely try the recipe again.  They were a little overdone my fault as I was on the phone when the buzzer went off on the oven.  Also, they were a little gritty but the author did mention that this would happen if you didn't use superfine ground brown rice flour.  I used the brown rice flour by Bob's Red Mill.  I was not able to find superfine brown rice flour here.

The next recipe I will try will be blueberry muffins.  But there are so many to try, Strawberry Muffins,  Dulce de Leche Muffins,  Cheddar Dill Muffins, Ham and Cheddar Muffins,  Canadian Bacon Muffins with Cheese and Chives, Roasted Pepper Feta Muffins,  Rocky Road Muffins,  Ginger Lime Muffins and so many more.


I will let you know how the other muffins turn out.


Chocolate Chip Muffins ready for the oven

Chocolate Chip Muffins fresh from the oven

Chocolate Chip Muffins fresh from the oven

Chocolate Chip Muffins cooling





Delicious with a cup of tea


Hot mug of tea with Chocolate Chip Muffin :)









No comments:

Post a Comment