Wednesday 7 January 2015

CROCK POT GLUTEN FREE GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN




From my previous post on Chinese food I made here is the recipe for my Crock Pot General Tso's Chicken.  It is so good and addictive.  And makes great leftovers as well.


Here is the link to the original recipe, which I adapted to make my own recipe.


My recipe is Gluten Free and more saucy as I like sauce and its great to have extra sauce for the leftovers.



My Crock Pot Gluten Free General Tso's Chicken



5 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast, chopped into bite sized  cubes

3 Tablespoons of oil

1 Cup Cornstarch

1 Teaspoon of sea salt

1 / 2 Teaspoon of pepper

A pinch of Cayenne Pepper.

SAUCE

2 / 3 cup of  gluten free Hoisin sauce

2 / 3 cup of gluten free Tamari Sauce

2 / 3 cup of Rice Vinegar

4 Tablespoons of Sugar

1 Tablespoon of grated fresh Ginger Root

5 Tablespoons of Water

1 - 2 Teaspoons of  Crush Red Chili Flakes (depending upon how spicy you like things)

2 Brunches of Green Onions, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS:

1)  In a large ziploc bag combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.  Add the chicken and shake until chicken is coated.

2)  Preheat the oil in a large nonstick skillet,  Cook the Chicken in batches just browning on both sides 1-2 minutes.  It will continue to cook in the crock pot.  Remove the chicken and add to the crock pot.

3) In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together until all the ingredients are combined.

4) Add half of the sauce mixture to the crock pot, reserving the rest til later.  Put the lid on the crock pot, set to low and cook for 4 hours.

5)  30 minutes before cooking time is up stir the chicken carefully in the crock pot and add the rest of the sauce,  stir and cook for an additional 30 minutes.  Right before serving stir in the chopped green onions.  Serve the chicken over rice.




I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment