Sunday 22 March 2015

Pineapple Pepper Chicken Drumettes and Wings



Today's post is about my pineapple pepper Chicken Drumettes.  First off I would like to thank my friend Rosette for giving me the idea and inspiration for this recipe. Rosette used pepper jelly in her wings so I took the idea and changed it up for my recipe.  I must admit I do love the drumettes and this recipe is quite additive.


To begin cook the drumettes and wings.  Its a combo pack here in Canada, I would prefer all drumettes but both work. You can deep fry the chicken wings and drumettes but I prefer to bake them in the oven on a foiled lined cookie sheet fitted with a rack.  I season the chicken with pepper and cayenne pepper and then place on the rack and cook in the oven.


While the chicken is cooking, I prepare the sauce.  In a small saucepan  on medium high heat, I add all the ingredients and still until melted and mixed together.  To the saucepan I add the jar of pineapple pepper jelly, 2 Tablespoons of honey, pinch of red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of butter.  





Once the chicken is cooked I remove them from the oven and place the chicken drumettes and wings into a serving dish. And pour the sauce over them and toss them all together.  Then before serving I sprinkle chopped green onions over them.  





Enjoy, these are delicious and quite addictive.  Also have fun with this recipe and change the pepper jelly that you use.  Just browsing my local store and there are many varieties of pepper jelly.


INGREDIENTS:

1 package of drumettes/wings

ground pepper

cayenne pepper

1 jar of pineapple pepper jelly

2 Tablespoons of honey (use an additional tablespoon if you don't want your wings too hot)

pinch of red pepper flakes

1 Tablespoon of butter

1 bunch green onions, chopped



DIRECTIONS:

Season the drumettes and wings with cayenne pepper and ground black pepper.  Cook as you prefer either in the oven or deep fried.

To make the sauce add the jar of pineapple jelly, pinch of red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons of honey.  Heat until everything is melted and mixed together.

Once the drumettes and wings are cooked transfer to a serving dish and pour the sauce over the drumettes and wings.  Toss together and sprinkle with the green onions.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment