Saturday 2 August 2014

Two new muffin recipes attempted.





What to do on a Saturday on a long hot humid weekend?  Well I decided to create 2 new muffin recipes that were wheat free, dairy free and egg free. One muffin was double chocolate muffin and the other one oatmeal chocolate chip.

The intention was good and everything looked like it was proceeding well and I tasted the dough and it wasn't bad.

However, the final result was not good.  They took so long too cook that they were well done on the outside and who likes a well done muffin!!  I took them out of the oven and let them cool, I was still holding onto hope for them.  But when I bite into them they were very mushy inside not a good thing.

Although this may sound like a failure I like to look at it as a learning curve. The recipes didn't turn out exactly as I would have liked.  But am willing to try these recipes again and this time make some adjustments and make mini muffins perhaps that will yield better results.  

That is the thing with baking it may not always turn out the first time so try again.  



The ingredients for the chocolate muffins























The chocolate muffin batter ready for the pans.


























Ingredients for oatmeal chocolate chip muffins




Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin batter ready for muffin pan





Both muffins ready for oven


Muffins out of the oven


Will let you know what happens the next time I attempt this recipe :)



No comments:

Post a Comment