Wednesday 19 November 2014

quesadillas made from what is the cupboard and fridge




Well,  under the weather today and was also a snowy cold day, so what to make for dinner?  Soup would have been a great idea but didn't have the ingredients since i have not gone grocery shopping for the week yet.  So I went through the fridge and pantry and came up with this for dinner.

In the mini chopper,  I put half a leftover orange pepper, half a leftover red pepper, and half a red onion.  I only meant to roughly chop them but the button got stuck and it puree them.



I emptied this into a bowl.  





Then I added 1 canned of black beans, drained and rinsed, to the mini chopper.  Also added the juice of 1 large lime. I puree this until it was a little chunky.




I added this mixture into the bowl and mixed it together.  It was a little watery so I added 1 can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed, as well as 2 teaspoons of ground cumin and a pinch of ancho chili powder.  Also, added 1/2 cup of grated cheese, you can use regular cheese or vegan cheese.





In a frying pan I heated a gluten free tortilla, spooned the mixture on it and added a tortilla on top.  I cooked it until it was lightly brown and toasted.






The leftover mixture can be eaten as a dip with tortilla chips, preferably tostitos baked scoops.  Delish :)





No comments:

Post a Comment