Sunday 23 November 2014

Crock Pot Mexican Style Lasagna




CROCK POT MEXICAN STYLE LASAGNA


Tonight I decided to make a Mexican style lasagna in my crock pot.  No exact recipe as I will be making adjustments to it to make it just right.


What I did was in a pan I browned up some ground turkey meat, red onions, cumin, ancho chili powder, chiptole chili powder, roasted red peppers, chopped spinach, corn, and red kidney beans.




In the crock pot I started with a Gluten Free tortilla, I then layered the bean mixture on top of it, added some shredded cheese.  I repeated the layers a couple more times and ended with a layer of cheese and green onions.  Then set the crock pot on low for 3 hours.






It looked good when it was done.  However, I never considered how to get it out of the crock pot once it was done.  Kinda of a mess.  But it tasted good.  I will adjust the seasonings, use black beans and add more veggies the next time I make it.




No comments:

Post a Comment