Thursday 11 December 2014

CROCK POT Weiners and Beans






Its been a very busy time of year with work and other issues.  Sometimes one needs comfort food from the past so I decided to make weiners and beans in the crock pot.  Its my mom recipe if you can call it that as nothing was ever measured we just knew how much to put in.  Had to make a substitution for the chile sauce as it contained tomatoes and can no longer eat tomatoes due to allergies.  Growing up I remember making this all the time,  I would get it started before mom was home from work, not that there was much to do to prepare it.  But I always felt glad to help out plus it was cooked in the microwave.

To make it I added to the crock pot  3 cans of Heinz maple syrup canned beans, 1 package of weiners(you can choose whatever variety you like), 1 can of crushed pineapple in its own juice (although only had pineapple tidbits, so I  used that instead), 1/2 of a really large spanish onion chopped, 2 splashes of lea & perrins,  large squirt of yellow mustard,  ground pepper, and a tiny squirt of sirrachi sauce, In case anyone would like to know I don't recommend trying the sirrachi straight from the bottle I did and man is it HOT. Thats why I only used a tiny squirt I was a little afraid of it, next time will use a little more.  Stirred everything in the crock pot, put the lid on it and set it on low for 6 hours.


stirred and ready for crock pot to be turned on


after 6 hrs in the crockpot.  Piping hot


serve in a bowl and enjoy








No comments:

Post a Comment