Tuesday 23 September 2014

Crock Pot Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs



Made some turkey meatballs in the crock pot, my first time making them in a crockpot.  For the meatballs I used ground turkey, grated ginger, pepper, lea&perrins GF, 1 egg, and GF rice krispies that had been ground in mini chopper.  Then shaped the meatballs and added to the crockpot.


Placed the lid on the crockpot and set on high for 3 hours.



I removed the meatballs from the crockpot and added the liquid to the pan gravy i made on the stove.  The gravy used broth, lea & perrins, cornstarch, diced onions and the liquid from the meatballs.  Then I added the sauce to the crock pot and added the meatballs and cooked for another 30mins.





The meatballs did not dry out as they sometimes do when cooking in the oven.

2 comments:

  1. Yum those look awesome!!! I'm scared to use a crock pot. I don't like to leave anything on while I'm not home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never leave it on while i am not home. But its a life saver when i am so tired put the items in it and continue on with what i am doing at home or when i am working at home.

      Delete