Sunday 14 September 2014

Gluten Free Muffins




Mini Blueberry Gluten Free muffins and Chocolate Chip Gluten Free muffins.


Today I baked two versions of a gluten free recipe that I found on Jamie Oliver's website.  Here is the link to the original recipe 

http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/gluten-free-muffins/






The first batch I made was the mini blueberry muffins.  I didn't have shortening as the recipe states so I used butter instead.  I added eggs, vanilla, butter, coconut sugar and vanilla to the food chopper.



Next I added the coconut flour, baking soda and salt.


The blueberry muffins ready for the oven.




The muffins fresh from the oven



Here are the muffins on a plate.  As you may notice they are funny shaped.  Caveat for others.  Either use paper liners or thoroughly grease the muffin tin which obviously I did not as every single one stuck :(



Now, I decided to attempt this recipe again but with changes.  I made chocolate chip muffins.  I added cinnamon, nutmeg and mini chocolate chips to the batter and of course used butter instead of shortening.




The chocolate chip muffins ready for the oven.  I sprinkled additional mini chocolate chips on top of the muffin batter before putting them in the oven.



Freshly baked chocolate chip muffins



Plated and ready to eat.



The final verdict is the chocolate chip muffin was good was a similiar texture to non gluten free.  Gotta get use to the coconut flour.  I think chopped pineapple in the muffin would be good since pineapple and coconut go together well.  Overall I think this was a successful recipe :)


































No comments:

Post a Comment