Sunday 21 September 2014

Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Pork



Today I made a sweet and sour pork dish in my crock pot.  I trimmed pork tenderloin and then sliced it into chunks.  I added these to the crockpot and seasoned it with pepper.



Then I added drained canned chunk pineapple (reserve the juice)  and sliced red onion.



Then in a measuring cup i made the sauce by combining the reserved pineapple juice, coconut sugar, tamari sauce, vinegar and water.  Once this was mixed together i added it to the crockpot.  And then set the crockpot and low to cook for hours.




After 8 hours the kitchen was smelling terrific.  I removed the lid and added diced green onions and cooked for another 5 minutes.




The pork was so tender and the sauce was delicious.  I served it over rice and alongside of baby bok choy.  Very very delicious :)










No comments:

Post a Comment